A logo says a lot about a brand.
It represents a business and tells the world who they are.
It tells people what the business represents and what makes them unique.
But how do you go about finding the best place to get a logo designed that achieves these lofty goals?
Nowadays there are a lot of routes to getting a logo designed. We’ll go over some options to help you decide the best route for you:
1. Logo Makers: Fast, easy, and inexpensive
Free websites like DesignMantic
and Tailor Brands
can create logos for you instantly.
Provide a little bit of information and voila!
They’re free to use, but you’ll have to pay for the logo if you actually want to use it.
But once you pay the small price tag, you’ll be able to use the logo on all your marketing materials.
Check out some work that are done by different logo makers:
You should use a logo maker!
- Fast, easy and inexpensive
- You can do it yourself
Maybe you should not use a logo maker…
- Results are generic
- You’re limited to your design knowledge
- It may not capture the personality and uniqueness of your brand
- Small library of templates, fonts, and images
- You can’t customize
2. Freelance Designers: Collaborate one-on-one
If you’re not totally comfortable with your eye for design, you can hire a freelance designer to create your logo.
You can look at their portfolio and experience before you decide to hire one who can fulfill your vision.
Check out some work that are done by different freelancers:
You should hire a freelance designer!
- Share your brand personality and style, and a freelance designer can take those ideas and turn it into your logo
- They know what they’re doing
- Get a customized design that’s uniquely yours
- High quality design work for $1,500 to $3,000
Maybe you should not hire a freelance designer…
- Quality of work varies quite a bit
- It takes time looking for a freelance designer who can execute your vision
- Cost varies a lot depending on the experience level of the designer
- Unlike agencies, freelancers have less accountability due to lack of reputation
3. Design Contest: Consult a Community of Designers
Why consult one designer when you can consult a community?
In a design contest, you create a brief containing your ideas, your brand identity and design requirements.
Then a group of designers submit ideas created for your business.
During the process, you interact with and provide feedback to the designers.
Check out some work that are done by different participants in a logo contest:
You should run a design contest!
- Get lots of logo options
- Designs are created specifically for you and your business
- Designers come to you, not the other way around
- Fast turnaround
Maybe you should not run a design contest…
- Creating a brief takes time
- Providing feedback is complicated and time-consuming because the designers are remote in different timezones
- Designers usually alter templates instead of designing from scratch to save time and money. They are worried that if their design is not chosen, all their time will be wasted
- Experience level can vary depending on your price point
4. Design Agencies: When You Want a Logo
Design agencies will create your logo and then some.
Their staff of professionals can help your business with branding, market research, and analysis.
Their development process takes time and access to their expertise means higher costs than the previous options.
If they have won some design awards, their pricing would also be higher.
Haha, we are actually an agency that is winning a global design competition, check out this blog
Fortunately, our pricing is at the freelancer level because our company size is still young.
Take a look at our logo design portfolio
Check out some work that are done by different agencies:
You should hire a design agency!
- You get the best of the best
- An agency uses their research and analysis to create the perfect logo for your business
- If you are investing big marketing dollars on branding and marketing
Maybe you should not hire a design agency…
- Budget is an issue
- Timeline is tight
- You have a strong vision of how your logo would look like
There’s no one cookie-cutter approach to creating a logo.
Every business has their own set of unique needs.
The good news is that there are a lot of options depending those needs.
Figure out what’s important for your business right now.
Is it to save money? Do you need to get your logo on marketing materials yesterday? Do you need a first class brand identity to compete in your market?
No matter which route you take to find best place to get a logo designed, your first step should be to figure out your brand’s identity.
Only then can you get a logo that represents your business.
After all, your logo is an extension of your values
It’s the face of your business. So, make sure you have one that you’re gonna love.